Owner-Broker

image6

Meet the man behind the Green House

John M. Green is a well recognized member of the Middle Tennessee business and volunteer community.   Upon returning from WWll and graduating from Vanderbilt with a degree in Mechanical Engineering, Mr. Green became involved with the Boy Scouts in 1950. He has since had an incredible impact on the lives of hundreds of boys in Franklin as Scoutmaster of Troop 137.  At 92 years young, he still leads a troop of over 100 local boys every week at " The Barn" on his farm in Franklin.  Over the years he has led over 200 boys to obtain the rank of Eagle Scout under his leadership.  Only about 4 % of all scouts reach the rank of Eagle Scout, to put that number into perspective.  

Mr. Green is a 7th generation Franklin native who is believed to be the oldest living native of Franklin.  Sadly, on October 5, 2019, Mr. Green passed away peacefully, surrounded by family at his home on his farm.  His farm land was granted to his ancestors during the revolutionary war.  His house was built in 1799.  His grandfather owned what is known today as Berry Farms and was developed by his first cousins.

Mr. Green has been in the Real Estate business since 1960 and is one of the six founders of the present day Williamson County Association of Realtors.  Mr. Green also hired the first female Realtor in Williamson County.  In 2002, Mr. Green was the first Tennessee Realtor to receive a Good Neighbor Award from the National Association of Realtors (NAR).  This award honored him for over 50 years as a Scoutmaster with Middle Tennessee Council, Boy Scouts of America.  

  John M. Green, REALTORS was built on strong ethics, family values, hard work, and traditions that are still practiced and passed down to future generations today.